ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
The ATHENA Scholarship Program awards a total of four scholarships annually. The Scholarships are awarded to worthy scholars selected as follows:
- One from St. Clair College
- One from the University of Windsor (named in memory of Dr. Linda McKay)
- One from the University of Windsor Faculty of Law
- One from any college or university attended by a student who has spent a significant period of time in Windsor/Essex County
Scholarship applications are open to:
- Male or female students 18 - 30 years of age as of January 1 of the scholarship year
- Interested in increasing leadership opportunities for women, enhancing the quality of life in their community, mentoring, team building and pursuing diversity
- Presently enrolled full-time in a post-secondary institution and who have spent a significant and substantial period of time (at least 18 months) in Windsor/Essex County.
- Demonstrate a community spirit that benefits people
- Demonstrate a potential for leadership
- Demonstrate academic excellence
- Submit a transcript of marks
- Submit three letters of reference in confidence
- Provide a personal profile explaining their career plans, personal goals and objectives
- Provide a resume
All applications are carefully screened by two members of the ATHENA Scholarship Committee to make sure that they meet the scholarship criteria. A panel of five judges is appointed to select the ATHENA Scholarship Recipients.
The judges attend an orientation session and receive an overview of ATHENA International, the ATHENA Scholarship Program, judging criteria and the scoring process. The judges then work independently over the next 10 days to score and rank each application. They meet again with ATHENA Scholarship Committee members to discuss and determine the four scholarship recipients. Confidentiality is maintained throughout the process. The judges are invited to be guests at the annual ATHENA Scholarship Luncheon each fall.
An ATHENA Scholarship Committee member informs the four successful scholarship recipients and invites them to meet the ATHENA Committee members over lunch. Scholarship recipients are required to attend and make a brief presentation at the annual ATHENA Scholarship Luncheon where they are presented with their scholarship cheques.
GET APPLICATION FORM NOW ⬇